A must watch. There are many people who are calling on this council to protect this rare, pure water not just for now but for future generations. William Shotyk said last night that the Elmvale Water Station is an intelligence test. If 7 generations from now can still drink that water, then we made smart decisions. Let’s hold all levels of government to protecting our water. #stoptheMSP
Upcoming meeting has a deputation from Bill Shotyk about the quality of groundwater in Springwater. Spoiler alert: it’s some of the purest in the world.
Recently, our organization – the Midhurst Ratepayers’ Association – was presented with the John Graves Simcoe Medal of Excellence in recognition for our community work and valuable service we provide to the people of Springwater Township. Some of our board members were honoured to accept the award on behalf of our members and supporters like YOU. We sincerely appreciate all the support we’ve received over the years to stand up for our community and demand better from our government. Together, we..
In the News
Latest News – Spring 2017
Please click on the following subjects for further information:
Midhurst Development Update
LOCAL RATEPAYERS WIN PROVINCIAL AWARD
Margaret Atwood event coverage CTV Toronto
We made it to Toronto news too! Thanks to CTV Toronto and The Globe and Mail for their coverage.
Click here to view the clip.
Margaret Atwood event coverage Barrie Advance
Thanks to the Barrie Advance and Laurie Watt for their coverage yesterday.
Click here to read the article.
Margaret Atwood event coverage CTV Barrie
CTV Barrie captures the day and Margaret Atwood’s challenge to our premier to make good on her promise to save wetlands.
Click here to see the clip.
- We were pleased that Mike Schreiner, leader of the Green Party, included the Midhurst plan in his platform as an example of egregious loopholes and special deals that need to stop. We’re mentioned just after the 4:00 mark. Now, when will other leaders agree?? Click here to see the clip.
- Thanks to everyone that made it out. Unfortunately, CTV and Examiner didn’t get to the meat of what Mr. Schreiner or the MRA said. Not to worry, though, we will be heard. Click here for the article.
- Our letter to Kathleen Wynne regarding the current OMB process that has residents sitting on the sidelines because we can’t afford the $20k+ it would take to build a case. Why are communities only given the justice they can afford?? Click here for the article.
- Our watershed is in rough shape. It can’t sustain the growth we have planned for it. Listen to the podcast of some of our experts discuss this important issue. Thanks to Beach Booster Radio for this opportunity. Click here for the podcast.
- Did you see our coverage on Global National? We insist that our legacy shouldn’t be destroying a rural community, its farmland and an international wetland to manufacture a city to profit a few. Share widely!! Click here for the clip.